Spye is a band of engineers, designers, creatives, service professionals and audio-visual dreamers. We enhance living and working environments by blurring the lines between architecture, AV systems, and design. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, we work extremely hard, we have fun, we are creative outside of our walls, and we push ourselves to be the best. Come join a team of nationally recognized designers and engineers in beautiful South Minneapolis.
· Collaborate with Spye sales and engineering teams to create drawing packages for proposed and as-built projects for clients using AutoCAD
· Interface with customers, architects, contractors and building owners to gather requirements and understand constraints for the installation and configuration of AV in customer spaces.
· Conducting site surveys to gather the information necessary to create accurate drawing
· Provide creative solutions to difficult placement or design decisions as part of the broader design process, including resolving conflicts with adjacent trades
· Deliver final drawing packages to the sales and design teams in a timely and responsive manner
· Remain available for updates to drawing package as needed and requested
· Create product specification submittal packages in the format required by the AV team and third parties
· Create color selection submittals to be delivered to architects
· Assist in the development and maintenance of an effective and efficient drafting workflow, corresponding reference libraries, and standards
· Support sales process as needed with pre-sale drawings and documentation
· Some travel to customer site and/or Spye offices in Minneapolis
· All other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience working with AutoCAD
· General understanding of the AV consultant and integrator role in construction projects
· Experience with Windows OS and the Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to read construction documents to inform AV and architectural design decisions related to building construction and infrastructure
· Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills
· Strong Attention to Detail & Processes
· Commitment to achieving an expert level of knowledge of construction and architectural standards; seeking out training and certifications beneficial for personal growth
· Must be authorized to work in the USA. No third parties, please. Spye is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
· Experience with D-Tools quoting/design software
· Experience working directly on Audio/Visual drawing packages
· Proficiency with VISIO
· AVIXA CTS-D Certification